Wednesday, 3 October 2012

SUKANT ON PRESS TV's AFRICA TODAY DISCUSSING LIBYA

This is the second time I have been on Africa Today with the pro-nato Libyan, Mr Sabri Malik. Like the first time Mr Malik does not discuss anything, and sees Libya today in an abstracted way divorced totally from any reality. It makes very boring television whereby the viewer gets next to no further understanding or exploration as to what is going on. Interestingly Mr Malik corrects me when I wrongly stated that Shia shrines are being demolished in front of the the worlds eyes, I should have said Sufi. However, my point being that although Mr Malik corrects me that there are next to no Shia in Libya, he fails to pass any comment about the systematic destruction of the Shia shrines, and more importantly refuses to ever make comment on the persecution of Black people in Libya. - Sukant Chandan, Sons of Malcolm

1 comment:

omoruyi Igbinidu said...

Really, there was no sensible discussion from that Libyan in London. It is either he is out of touch or just playing dumb.